Flaxseeds is the number one healthiest food in the world. Flaxseeds also called Linseeds are small, brown, tan or golden coloured seeds that are richest source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids. It has essential fatty acids which the body needs for proper functioning but cannot prepare on its own.
The three unique features of Flaxseeds are
- It has highest plant based Omega-3 fatty acids, called Alpha Linolenic acid (ALA).
- It has richest source of Lignans (polyphenols), natural antioxidants.
- It contains Mucilage gums, awater soluble gel forming fibre that helps in intestinal tract.
In India, its abundantly grown. Because of people’s awareness, now we get flaxseeds in almost all leading grocery stores. But many people are unaware of how to use flaxseeds in their diet. It has different names in different languages
Hindi – Alsi
Kannada – Agase Beeja
Bihar – Thisi
Tamil – Ali Vidai
Telugu – Avise ginzalu
Malayalam – Cheruchana vithu
Marathi – Jawas / Alashi
Bengoli – Tishi / Pesi
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE KEPT IN MIND BEFORE USING
- Before adding a new supplement to your diet, consult nutritionist.
- Start with one fourth the amount and gradually increase so that the body adapts to the new food.
- If any problems, discontinue immediately.
- Very rarely are people allergic to flaxseeds.
- Drink this on empty stomach for easy absorption.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers must not supplement their diet with flaxseeds, if consuming, consult nutritionist.
- Generally, all seeds produce lot of heat in the body as they all contain oil in them. To reduce this heat, add to diet buttermilk, salads, Green gram, tender coconut water, pomegranate juice, vitamin C rich foods, mint, fruits and vegetables.
- Flaxseeds is available in all leading grocery shops.
- Pick for any dirt and wipe it on a cloth and store in a bottle, never wash with water, as it will stick to each other.
- Never roast or heat it, it will oxidise.
- Never powder and store it, it goes rancid or oxidise, 15 minutes after grinding and lose all its nutritional potency.
- Only while consuming, it must be powdered in a coffee grinder or the smallest jar of mixer grinder.
- Flaxseeds are very difficult to chew, when eaten whole, it is tough to break, so it will pass through the intestinal tract undigested.
- Flaxseeds must be ground finely to increase digestibility.
- Once the flaxseeds or flax oil drink is done, it must be consumed immediately or within 15 minutes for best results.
- The drink must never be refrigerated, it’s of no use if drunk after 15 minutes of making it.
- To convert oil soluble omega-3 fatty acids into water soluble omega-3 fatty acids, Flaxseeds powder or Flaxseeds oil must be mixed with sulphurated amino acids like curds or cottage cheese, so that it will be absorbed easily into cell membrane.
- Flax oil is the purified fat that results from the cold pressing of flaxseeds.
- While buying Flaxseed oil , it is very important to see weather it is
- Cold pressed
- Filled in opaque bottles
- Flaxseed oil doesn’t have fibre and protein found in the seeds, but some manufacturers add back the lignans, check the labels of bottles to know about this, if lignans are added, no need to add one tablespoon of flaxseeds while making the drink.
- The oil bottles you get home must be refrigerated immediately or kept in a dark cold place.
- Flaxseeds oil must never be used for cooking purposes as it easily oxidises.
- It is available in Bangalore,Miracle Drinks Head Office.
# 55, 1st Cross, 7th Main, CBI Road,
Behind ‘MORE’ Store,
Gangamma Temple Road,
Karnataka – 560032
- For any type of health disorder or to anyone and everyone, a combination of Flaxseeds oil with Flaxseeds is best, for fast recovery and for a disease-free life.
- To make flax drink visit our YouTube channel to see how to prepare it Type – miracle flaxseed drink
Few Health benefits of flaxseeds
- Boosts immune system
- High in fibre
- Improves digestion
- Reduces sugar cravings
- Balance hormones
- Improves blood pressure
- Lowers glucose level
- Low in carbohydrates
- Nourishes skin and hair
- Promotes weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides
- It’s Gluten free
- High in antioxidants
- Fights cancer, Arthritis and heart ailments
- High in omega-3, omega-6 Fatty acids
- Benefits menopausal women
- Helps in digestion
- Lowers cholesterol
NUTRITION FACTS IN 1 TABLESPOON (15 GRAMS)
|Fibre ||4 gm|
|Protein ||2.5 gm|
|Fat||6 gm |
|Omega – 3 fatty acids||3200 mg |
|Omega – 6 fatty acids||850 mg|
|Manganese ||17.5 gm |
|Thiamine ||15 gm |
|Magnesium ||13 gm |
|Phosphorus ||9 gm|
|Selenium ||5 gm|
|Vitamin B||6 gm|
- Flaxseeds – 1 tablespoon
- Flaxseed oil – 1 tablespoon
- Blackseed oil – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds powder – 1/4 teaspoon (methi powder)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon (haldi powder)
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 teaspoon (dalchini powder)
- Black pepper powder – a pinch
- Roasted Cumin seeds powder – 1/4 teaspoon (jeera powder)
- Velvet bean powder 1/4th teaspoon (kapikacchu, Macuna puriens,Nasagunni beejada pudi)
- Salt to taste
- Curds – 100 grams (Dahi/ Yogurt)
- Water – 100 ml (according to the desired consistency, the drink must not too thick or too watery)
HOW TO MAKE THE RECIPE
- In a small mixer grinder or coffee grinder put in the flaxseeds and grind finely
- In a medium jar mixer grinder put in all ingredients
- Add ¾ cup water and give it another churn to make a it like buttermilk so that all ingredients are mixed nicely.
- Add water accordingly, as the consistency of the curd differ.
- Drink must be not be too thick or too thin, it must be easily drinkable.
- Drink immediately or within 15 minutes of making it.
- 1 tablespoon = 15 grams
- 1 teaspoon = 5 grams
- 1 cup = 200 grams
- Grind separately fenugreek, cinnamon, Turmeric and roasted Cumin and store in bottles once in 15 days.
- Salt and Cumin powder is optional, it is only added to enhance the taste of the drink.
- Turmeric is anti inflammatory and anti oxidant.
- Fenugreek lowers cholesterol and controls heart diseases.
- Cinnamon is immunity booster
- The ratio of flaxseeds to curds is 1:6.
- It is best taken in the morning 15 to 30 minutes before breakfast as it pumps energy throughout the day, as such it can be taken at any time of the day.